A Year In Review
Thank you, and happy new year! As we start a new year, we wanted to take a moment to send you our heartfelt gratitude for your generosity. The community’s gracious support helped us make huge strides in 2018! Below are highlights of the accomplishments you made possible.
- 2018 marked the Montrose Center’s 40th anniversary! We are proud to have served LGBTQ Houston since 1978.
- There’s No Place Like Home senior housing center was the highest ranked housing project in our area and secured $13.8 million in tax credits. Soon we will break ground on the first LGBTQ-affirming senior center in the South.
- Hatch Youth Services expanded its reach by launching Hatch Junior for LGBTQ adolescents, ages 7 – 12. Plus, in our first full year of the program, we took 42 youth off the street through our homeless youth rapid rehousing program.
- The Anti-Violence program served more survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and hate crimes than ever before, with a 36 percent increase in people served and 52 percent increase in women served.
- Our nonprofit incubator program increased its support to smaller nonprofits, providing $100,000 in free resources, including, free meeting space, discounted office space, and fiscal agency support.
- Our giving society, the Montrose Society, grew by 52 percent, allowing us to serve more clients than ever before.
- All in all, more than 100,000 Houstonians found hope and community through our programs and services last year!
Thank you again for all your support! Your accomplishments through the Montrose Center are far-reaching, and we truly appreciate your partnership and generosity. You are a true ambassador to Houston’s LGBTQ community, and we look forward to an even better 2019.