The Montrose Center works with news media and digital partners to empower our community, primarily lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals and their families, to enjoy healthier and more fulfilling lives.
If you have a media request, email our Communications and Marketing Manager, Austin Davis Ruiz, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (713) 800-0840.
Please do not email or call with non-media related inquiries. Other general inquiries can be directed to email@example.com or to our main number (713) 529-0037.
- Montrose Center Applauds Supreme Court Ruling Guaranteeing Non-Discrimination in Employment for LGBTQ+ Individuals
- Montrose Center and Lone Star Veterans Association Partnership to Create LGBTQ-Affirming Services, Opportunities for Veterans (8/16/18)
- Lady Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation Partners with the Montrose Center to Highlight Hatch Youth (02/03/17)
- LTR Lewis Cloverdale Foundation Gives $750k Lead Gift to Build Montrose Center’s LGBTQ Affirming Affordable Senior Housing Center (01/31/17)
- Montrose Center Hosts 2016 Bringing in the Green (03/16/16)
In the Media
- 1 year after Harvey: How have the hundreds of billions of federal relief, donations been distributed? (AccuWeather, 08/21/18)
- Serving Those Who Serve: New Veteran Services at the Montrose Center (Spectrum South, 08/07/18)
- New Collaboration Aims To Help Houston’s LGBTQ Veterans (Houston Matters, 07/24/18)
- Houston LGBT Center Raising Money to Help Those Affected by Harvey (The Advocate, 08/28/17)
- LGBT relief funds launched to help Texas hurricane victims (Washington Blade, 08/28/17)
- OutFront: Houston Drag Queen Raises Thousands for Hurricane Survivors (NBC News, 09/14/17)
- This LGBT Center Is Hoping To Prevent People From “Falling Through The Cracks” In Houston (BuzzFeed News, 09/05/17)
- LGBT Houston Shines Following Hurricane Harvey: Looking At The True Acts Of Kindness From The Houston LGBTQ+ Community After One Of The Worst Hurricanes In American History (About Online, 09/05/17)
- The Montrose Center Hopes to Open LGBT Seniors Housing Facility in 2018 (OutSmart Magazine, 11/01/16)