Dedicated to empowering LGBTQ adolescents!
Houston’s oldest, currently active, social group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth.
Hatch Youth is dedicated to empowering LGBTQ adolescents, ages 13-20, to become responsible citizens and positive contributors to society by:
- Providing a safe, affirming social environment for LGBTQ youth.
- Providing education on health issues such as HIV, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) drug and alcohol abuse and suicide prevention.
- To host a variety of helpful and affirming programs for LGBTQ youth.
- Offering role models and peer support.
- Sponsoring educational and community outreach opportunities on issues and problems affecting LGBTQ youth for school counselors, teachers, administrators, mental health and medical professionals, social service, and law enforcement organizations.
Hatch Youth is a program of the Montrose Center. Hatch Jr. serves youth ages 7-12.
Hatch Youth & Hatch Jr. Meetings
Due to COVID-19, all in-person meetings have been suspended and we have transitioned to online meetings via Zoom. Youth will need to contact Laura Kanter at firstname.lastname@example.org to setup an intake appointment in order to join.
Hatch Youth meets every Tuesday 5-7 PM, Friday 7-9 PM, and Sunday 6-8 PM except holidays. Check our calendar below to be sure. You must be age 13 – 20 to participate in Hatch meetings.
Hatch Jr. meets the first and third Sundays of the month from 3:30-5:30 PM. While Hatch Jr. normally serves youth ages 7-12, due to the shift to virtual meetings Hatch Jr. is currently only open to youth ages 9-12.