Dedicated to empowering LGBTQ adolescents!
Houston’s oldest, currently active, social group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth.
Hatch Youth is dedicated to empowering LGBTQ adolescents, ages 13-20, to become responsible citizens and positive contributors to society by:
- Providing a safe, affirming social environment for LGBTQ youth.
- Providing education on health issues such as HIV, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) drug and alcohol abuse and suicide prevention.
- To host a variety of helpful and affirming programs for LGBTQ youth.
- Offering role models and peer support.
- Sponsoring educational and community outreach opportunities on issues and problems affecting LGBTQ youth for school counselors, teachers, administrators, mental health and medical professionals, social service, and law enforcement organizations.
Hatch Youth is a program of The Montrose Center. Hatch Jr. serves youth ages 7 – 12.
Hatch Youth & Hatch Jr. Meetings
Due to COVID-19, all in-person meetings have been suspended and we have transitioned to online meetings via Zoom. Current youth will need to contact Deb Murphy to receive meeting credentials. New youth will need to setup an appointment for intake by emailing email@example.com.
Hatch Youth meets every Tuesday 5 – 8 PM, Friday 7 – 10 PM, and Sunday 6 – 9 PM except holidays. Check our calendar below to be sure. You must be age 13 – 20 to participate in Hatch meetings.