Dedicated to empowering LGBTQ adolescents!
Houston’s oldest, currently active, social group for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Questioning (LGBTQ) Youth.
Hatch Youth is dedicated to empowering LGBTQ adolescents, ages 13-20, to become responsible citizens and positive contributors to society by:
- Providing a safe, affirming social environment for LGBTQ youth.
- Offering role models and peer support.
- Providing education on health issues such as HIV, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s) drug and alcohol abuse and suicide prevention.
- To host a variety of helpful and affirming programs for LGBTQ youth.
- Sponsoring educational and community outreach opportunities on issues and problems affecting LGBTQ youth for school counselors, teachers, administrators, mental health and medical professionals, social service, and law enforcement organizations.
Hatch Youth & Hatch Jr. Meetings
Hatch Youth meets every Tuesday 5 – 8 p.m., Friday 7 – 10 p.m. and Sunday 6 – 9 p.m. except holidays. Check our calendar below to be sure. You must be age 13 – 20 to participate in Hatch meetings.
Hatch Jr. meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday from 3 – 4:30 p.m, and you must be 7 – 12 years old to attend. Attendance of parent(s)/guardian(s) is required.
We are in the Montrose Center at 401 Branard Street, Houston, TX 77006 on the first floor, room 101.