Get more involved! The Montrose Center has many opportunities for individuals wishing to give of their time and talents in both a general and professional capacity. If you are interested, the first step is to complete an online Volunteer Application.
Please do not hesitate to email us or call 713.529.0037 ext. 395 if you have questions about the application or the opportunities listed. Shortly after your application is received, you will be contacted about available jobs that match your skills and interests, and be provided details about the necessary orientation and training requirements.
Here are some examples of how volunteers help further our mission…
- Clerical Assistance
- Hatch Youth facilitator
- LGBT Switchboard volunteer
- Cyber Center attendants
- Special events & fundraising
- Building projects (decorating, painting, landscaping)
- Outreach/representation at health fairs, festivals and other events
- Assembly of education materials and “condom packs”
- Community service/restitution
- Board of Directors
- Committee service
- Support group facilitation
- Learning instruction
- Wellness/fitness instruction
- Pro bono services (legal, graphic design, technical, marketing, etc.)
Notice: Volunteer applicants may be subject to a thorough background and reference check. Please make sure your application is complete and accurate prior to submission.
*Social work and clinical intern candidates may NOT use the online application for field placement consideration. Please contact your institution for information about placement with the Center or email our clinical supervisor.