Throughout the year, clients of the Montrose Center who are in crisis or transition have ready access to supplies, ready-to-eat food items and hygiene supplies as necessary through our H-E-B Emergency Pantry. This fills a crucial gap for those who need immediate help but cannot access regular food bank or nutrition programs.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION DURING COVID-19
We are providing food boxes to clients of the Montrose Center in need of supplemental food assistance. If you are a client in need of food, please contact your case manager for assistance.
If you are not a client of the Montrose Center, you must first go through eligibility and the client intake process.
Unlike other food assistance programs, pantry access is limited to individuals who are already receiving case management or advocacy services at the Center. It is 100% community and corporate sponsored.
Donations are always needed and welcomed. Food items must be nonperishable and ready-to-eat (no cooking required) and not expired. You may deliver donations to us at 401 Branard, 2nd floor (77006) anytime Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm.
Requested Food Items:
- Bottled water
- Single-serving pop-open canned chili
- Single-serving pop-open Chef Boyardee
- Ready-to-eat individually packaged tuna salad
- Ready-to-eat individually packaged chicken salad
- Ready-to-eat microwavable Mac ‘N Cheese cups
- Individual servings of cereal
- Instant oatmeal
- Canned spaghetti or pasta
- Dry or pop-open canned soup
- Peanut butter and cracker packages
- Cheese and cracker packages
- Snack-size crackers
- Snack-size pretzels
- Granola bars
- Snack-size individually packaged fruit salad or peaches
- Peanut Butter
- Jelly / Preserves
Requested Hygiene Supplies:
We are in need of the following items, both in travel/trial sizes, for those staying at shelters, and in regular sizes, for those with more stable housing.
- Body soap
- Underwear (all sizes, for men & women)
- Toilet paper