Youth Services Associate
Description: Under the direction of the LIFE Counseling Program Coordinator and the Youth Services Manager, the Youth Services Associate will: support and supervise volunteer and youth activities in the youth drop-in center; research, plan and carry out youth programming in accordance with existing logic models, focusing on empowering youth to develop areas of social interactions and build a peer support community; ensure support groups are conducted in accordance with agency guidelines and in the best interests of the youth; ensure all necessary materials and supplies are available at meetings; recruiting, training, and supporting program volunteers;supervision of street outreach team; community outreach and education; and collection and entry of data used for a variety of program purposes. Mandatory lead of youth participation in HATCH Prom and annual PRIDE activities.
- Commitment to the mission of the Montrose Centerand to empowering LGBTQ+ youth.
- Experience and commitment to working in adiverse, multicultural environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of theLGBTQ+ community and community resources.
- Strong interpersonal communication and conflictresolution skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and supportthe safety and well-being of the volunteers and youth participants.
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively with supervisor, and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literacy, including Internet proficiency and Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in English is required. Bilingual or ASLskills highly desired.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required.
- TB test (available on site) clearance andcriminal background check required.
Employment type: Full-time, forty (40) hours per week, including regular evening and weekend hours.
To Apply: E-mail resume and salary requirements in PDF to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Montrose Center to recruit, hire, train, compensate and promote staff members on the basis of merit and without discrimination on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, disability, religious preference,marital status, parental status, pregnancy, political affiliation or belief,sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.