Support MCC By Attending These Upcoming Events
As one of Reign XXVI’s charities, the Empire of the Royal Sovereign Imperial Court of the Single Star, Inc. will be raising money for Montrose Counseling Center throughout the reign of the Emperor and Empress XXVI Falcon and Sheri Anne Bouton. ERSICSS shows are open to all performers. Please support their efforts by attending or participating in the following events:
- Friday, April 9: His Most Royal Sovereign and Imperial Majesty Emperor XXVI Falcon hosts “Playing With Half A Deck” The Mixed-Up Show at 8 p.m. at George, 617 Fairview.
- Saturday, April 10: The Bouton Sisters present “Well Ain’t That Special” The Church Ladies Bake Sale and Revival at 3 p.m. at George, 617 Fairview.
- Sunday, April 11: Viscount XXVI Jody Travis presents “Star Studded…” A Night of Broadway & Movie Music with Special Guest Emcees Empress XVI Selena St. John and Empress XIX Sofonda St. John at 7 p.m. at the BRB, 2400 Brazos St.
- Saturday, April 17: Join ERSICSS for “A Mad Hatters Tea Party” at 8 p.m. at Tony’s Corner Pocket, 817 W. Dallas.
- Friday, April 23: Vixen Devereaux Morehead and Isabella Rose Mink present “While the Cats are away…” at 9 p.m. at Crocker Bar, 2312 Crocker St.
- Saturday, April 24: Join ERSICSS for Mr. Prime Choice at 10 p.m. at The Ripcord, 715 Fairview.
- Friday, April 30: Grand Duke XXVI Blair Fullerton and Duke XXVI Michael Gomes host the 5-4 Show at 9 p.m. at the BRB, 2400 Brazos St.
On Saturday, May 1, please join Carl Han for his 5th annual Love Party from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Meteor, 2306 Genessee. Proceeds will benefit the HATCH prom in June. The event will include performances by local artists, including belly dancers Tribal Lillies, Hawaiian dancers Tropical Rhythms, and China Doll. $10 donation at the door. With the theme of “2010: A Love Party Odyssey,” the event is sure to be out of this world. You don’t want to miss it!
On Saturday, May 8, join us for a free seminar highlighting what you need to know about fighting discrimination, obtaining benefits, and protecting your decisions. The seminar is created for persons living with HIV/AIDS, their attorneys, healthcare providers, family members, partners, and friends. CLE and CEU credits are available. The event is co-sponsored by Montrose Counseling Center and the Houston Bar Association’s AIDS Outreach Committee. For more information, click here. Rsvp by May 2 by calling 713.529.0037, ext 0, or by email.
You’ll want to clear your calendar Friday through Sunday, May 21 – 23. The Houston Area Bears are hosting their 11th Annual BearWatch on the beaches of Galveston. This year’s theme is Heroes vs. Villains, so choose your side, create your identity, and prepare for the fun. BearWatch tickets include: souvenir t-shirt and name badge, entry to all events, five meals, pool party, foam pit, costume contest, etc. The Bears have supported HATCH as their annual charity for several years now. Support our communities’ youth by supporting the Bears! For more information about BearWatch’s various events or to purchase tickets, click here. Ticket prices will rise as the event approaches. Purchase yours today!
Save the Date on Friday, June 11, for the 18th annual HATCH prom, which will be held from 7 p.m. – midnight in the GLBT Cultural Center at 401 Branard. The prom is an important right of passage in America, and all too often the high school prom is not safe and affirming for our communities’ youth. At the HATCH prom, everyone is welcome to come dressed as they wish and to dance with whomever they wish. The prom is free for HATCH participants, their friends, and allies, ages 13 – 20. Adults are invited to attend for a $25 donation. Support HATCH by attending the prom, and embrace this opportunity to remake your own prom memories. To purchase your tickets, click here and write “HATCH Prom” as your designation. For information about sponsoring the prom, please call 713.800.0872.